1. Kelsey was born Allen Kelsey Grammer in the US Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. He was raised by his grandparents in New Jersey after his musician parents separated when he was a year old.
2. Kelsey's had a hefty dose of tragedy in his life. His dad was murdered when he was 13, his sister was raped and murdered when he was 20, and his twin half-brothers were killed by a shark while diving when he was 25. No wonder he thinks his family is cursed!
3. Kelsey studied at New York's Juilliard performing arts school but was kicked out after two years for "lack of focus". That's bunking off to you and me.
4. Kelsey boasts an impressive rap sheet. He was arrested for DUI and cocaine possession in 1988, then sentenced to 30 days in jail in 1990 after violating his probation. He also spent time in rehab in 1996 after crashing his sports car while driving under the influence.
5. Kelsey claims he was abused by second wife Leigh-Anne Csuhany, to whom he was married for just a year. He says: "She'd spit in my face. Slap me. Punch me. Kick me. Break glasses over my head. Break windows. Tear up pictures of my loved ones." The ex-stripper suffered a miscarriage after attempting suicide when she was - not surprisingly - sued for divorce.
6. Kelsey had a long affair with former ice skater Cerlette Lamme. He was later believed to have paid her a seven-figure sum to not sell a video of them having sex.
7. Kelsey is a member of the Republican Party and has expressed an interest in becoming a US senator when his showbiz career ends.
8. Kelsey took two years off work to care for third wife Camille Donatacci, a former Playboy model, when she nearly died from a gastrointestinal disorder in 2004. The couple married in 1997 and have two children, both born to a surrogate mother.
9. Kelsey originally thought voicing criminal mastermind Sideshow Bob in The Simpsons would be a one-off gig. He has since popped up in ten episodes and calls Bart's nemesis "the most popular character I've ever played".
10. Kelsey claims to be able to speak to the dead, including a 2,000-year-old ghost called Alex who teaches him about the nature of good and evil. And what do these spirits tell him? He reveals: "What I hear is... people do miss food on the other side. They would still love to have a milkshake."