An up-and-coming actor on the Aussie TV soap Neighbours has died suddenly from a blood clot.
24-year-old Stewart Adam - who played affable mechanic Aaron Barkley - fell ill at his parents' home on Monday night and later died on the way to hospital.
A post-mortem revealed the cause to be deep vein thrombosis, a rare condition usually associated with long haul flights.
His work colleagues were informed of the news later in the week. A Neighbours spokeswoman said: "The cast was stunned. They were all shocked when the announcement was made in the Green Room. I don't think anyone quite believed what they were hearing."
Other than a pain in his groin, Adam had no idea he was ill until it was too late.Get the Inside Soap magazine on your iPhone or iPad