Miller's win - for his role as gay mechanic Aaron Livesy - was one of three awards won by the Yorkshire soap.
Adam Thomas (Adam Barton) took home Best Soap Newcomer, while the plot which saw Aaron struggle with his sexuality won Best Soap Storyline.
BBC's EastEnders celebrated its 25th year by winning Best Soap, while exiting Lacey Tuner picked up Best Soap Actress for her performance as Stacey Branning.
Coronation Street received a special award as it prepares to celebrate its 50th anniversary in December.
Musical drama Glee won Best New Drama, while Karen Gillan picked up the Best Family Drama for Doctor Who.
The full list of TV Choice winners are:
- Best soap - EastEnders
- Special Award (for 50 years on TV) - Coronation Street
- Best family drama - Doctor Who
- Best drama series - Ashes To Ashes
- Best new drama - Glee
- Best actor- Jack O'Connell (Skins)
- Best actress - Denise Welch (Waterloo Road)
- Best talent show - Britain's Got Talent
- Best reality show - I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here
- Best food show - The F-Word
- Best comedy show - Gavin and Stacey
- Best lifestyle show - Come Dine With Me
- Best daytime show - Loose Women
- Best gameshow - Total Wipeout
- Best soap newcomer - Adam Thomas (Emmerdale)
- Best soap storyline - Aaron's gay self loathing (Emmerdale)
- Best soap actress - Lacey Turner, EastEnders
- Best soap actor - Danny Miller, Emmerdale.