Come Christmas, Britain's No.1 Geezer Actor will be swapping laddish Brit flicks for pulling pints in the Albert Square.
Here are 9 reasons we haven't calmed down since the news was announced earlier this week.
1. Do we need any other reason than this?
2. He's a master of slapstick.
A Queen Vic bar room brawl will no longer be complete without Fat Boy leaving a rake on the floor.
3. He can do a brilliant UFO spotting storyline with Dot Cotton.
"Cor blimey, Dot. I swear I saw some flying saucers zooming over the Argy Bhaji last night. It's messing with my melon."
4. He can re-enact his most famous Human Traffic scene with the Mitchell brothers.
"NICE ONE MITCHELL BRUVA! NICE ONE BRUV!"
5. He can turn his hand to any sort of role or character.
"You would never think it's me. I look like I should be sitting in a f**king library. I look like a right number bod." Danny Dyer: Master of Disguise.
6. He's one of the funniest men on Twitter...
@jaykrueger78 Bruv. I ain't gonna lie. It is the biggest pile of shit I have ever done and that's saying something.— Danny Dyer (@MrDDyer) January 26, 2013
You have to admire his honesty.
7. You don't get more EAST END than Danny Dyer.
"Turn it in!" "You'd be a mug to miss it!" "Do you want some?" #ladz #bantersauraus
8. Nobody does hardman acting quite like
9. BBC Three will have to commission a late night commentary show, where Dyer and Nick Love analyse the latest goings-on in Albert Square.
"The problem is people have to fink when they're watching it."
Are you excited about Danny Dyer joining EastEnders? Let us know below. Get the Inside Soap magazine on your iPhone or iPad