Produced by Deluxe Digital Studios London and priced at 69p, Catchphrase for iPad brings the classic gameshow presented by Roy Walker and 'Mr Chips' to the tablet computer.
According to Apple's Official UK App Store Chart for the week ending January 15, Catchphrase ranked as the number one paid-for app on the iPad, ahead of Disney's Where's My Water? game and EA's Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 for iPad.
The list of free apps on the iPad was headed by the new Sky Sports News app, which launched last month offering live streams of the sports news channel, along with editorial content.
Also featured in the free list was subscription TV and movies streaming service Netflix at number three, along with the catch-up TV apps offered by the BBC (number 5), Channel 4 (7), Channel 5 (9) and ITV (10).
1) Catchphrase for iPad - Deluxe Digital Studios London
2) Where's My Water - Disney
3) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 for iPad - EA Swiss Sarl
4) Keep Calm and Carry On - Daniel Mauer
5) Countdown HD - Official TV Show App - Deluxe Digital Studios London
6) Pages - Apple
7) Angry Birds HD - Chilingo
8) Grand Theft Auto 3 - Rockstar Games
9) The Night Sky - iCandi Apps
10) Fruit Ninja HD - Halfbrick Studios
1) Sky Sports News for iPad - BSkyB
2) Temple Run - Imangi Studios
3) Netflix - Netflix
4) Calculator for iPad Free - International Travel Weather Calculator.
5) BBC iPlayer - Media Applications Technologies
6) PlayItYourself 4 HD - AlphaWeb Plus
7) 4oD Catch Up - Channel 4
8) Snappers HD - Mikhail Eliseev
9) Demand 5 - Channel 5
10) ITV Player - ITV
On Apple's iPhone, the number one paid-for app was Keep Calm and Carry On, which allows users to customise the famous Second World War poster with their own words, colours and background. The Catchphrase app only managed to make it to seventh place on the iPhone.
In terms of the free apps, Imangi Studios' popular game Temple Run topped the list, while BBC iPlayer came in fourth place and Activision's Call of Duty Elite app came in tenth.
1.) Keep Calm and Carry On - Daniel Mauer
2.) Pimp Your Screen: Your Device Never Looked Cooler - Apalon
3.) WhatsApp Messenger - WhatsApp Inc
4.) Angry Birds - ClickGamer.com
5.) Fruit Ninja - Halfbrick Studios
6.) Where's My Water? - Disney
7.) Catchphrase - Deluxe Digital Studios London
8.) Dot Lock Secure - Protect Your Media and Files - BAI
9.) Doodle Jump: BE WARNED: Insanely Addictive - Lima Sky
10.) Camera+ - tap tap tap
1.) Temple Run - Imangi Studios, LLC
2.) Snappers - Mikhail Eliseev
3.) Simple Brick Breaker - FujiCubeSoft
4.) BBC iPlayer - Media Applications Technologies
5.) PlayItYourself 4 - AlphaWeb Plus
6.) Zombie Farm - The Playforge
7.) Doodle Sprint - Wivvu
8.) FairyFail - AlphaWeb Plus
9.) Unblock My Car - Easymobi
10.) Call of Duty ELITE - Activision Publishing
> The Best New Apps: Mobile Roundup