The social network has revealed the biggest talking points among users in 2013. The election of Pope Francis in May was the hottest topic in the world.
Margaret Thatcher's death came second to Murray in the UK, ahead of the Champions League Final between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.
The birth of baby Prince George, Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement from football and The X Factor's return also made the list of the most talked-about topics on Facebook this year.
However, Facebook said that Nelson Mandela's passing last week could force the rankings to change, as more than 115 related interactions involving 55 million people took place by the end of last Friday.
The Top 10 most talked-about topics in the UK on Facebook in 2013 are as follows:
1. Andy Murray wins Wimbledon (July)
2. Margaret Thatcher dies (April)
3. Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League Final (May)
4. The Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to Prince George (July)
5. Sir Alex Ferguson retires as manager of Manchester United (May)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts released (November)
7. England retain the Ashes in cricket (August)
8. The X Factor returns (August)
9. The Welfare Reform Act 2012 is introduced (April)
10. Grand Theft Auto 5 released (September)