Box office agent The Ticket Factory has started offering tickets to the tour via the social network, as well as options for additional seat reservations.
Developed with technology firm AudienceView Ticketing, the Tiki social ticketing channel on Facebook is claimed to be the first integrated ticketing service that allows users to buy tickets directly through the world's largest social network.
Launching today on Facebook ahead of this weekend's live X Factor final, the channel also enables fans to reserve seats next to them, so that their family and friends can purchase them online. They can also share news of their purchase with other Facebook contacts.
The X Factor 2012 live tour, presented by 3A Entertainment, will feature a number of contestants from the 2011 show, including Misha B, Janet Devlin, Marcus Collins, Johnny Robinson, Craig Colton, and Kitty Brucknell. More dates were recently announced for the tour.
"We are delighted to offer X Factor fans this intelligent way of booking tickets for the tour via The Ticket Factory," said Will Quekett, the general manager of The Ticket Factory.
"We know that Facebook users will want to book their tickets from within the social network and then tell their friends and family that they've kept a seat next to them. Those users can then purchase their tickets, and even reserve further tickets around their seats for people they know.
"Going to a live event is the ultimate social experience for many people, and this social method of booking tickets is the new and exciting first step for customers on the journey towards seeing their favourite performers. This is the sort of added value that consumers are seeking and we are delighted to launch this service."
Consumers are warned that any reserved places will only remain held for 24 hours without purchase, and there will be an additional cost of £1 plus the standard booking fee to buy the seats.
The X Factor live tour begins on February 25, 2012. The full list of dates is as follows:
- February 25, 2012 - Manchester, MEN Arena (two shows)
- February 26, 2012 - Manchester, MEN Arena
- February 27 and 28, 2012 - Liverpool, Liverpool Echo Arena
- February 29, 2012 - Nottingham, Capital FM Arena
- March 3 and 4, 2012 - London, Wembley Arena
- March 6 and 7, 2012 - Dublin, O2 Arena
- March 9, 2012 - Belfast, Odyssey Arena
- March 10, 2012 - Belfast, Odyssey Arena (two shows)
- March 13 and 14, 2012 - Aberdeen, AECC
- March 17, 2012 - Glasgow, SECC (two shows)
- March 18, 2012 - Glasgow, SECC
- March 19 and 20, 2012 - Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena
- March 21 and 22, 2012 - Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena
- March 24 and 25, 2012 - Birmingham, LG Arena (two shows)
- March 27-29, 2012 - Brighton, The Brighton Centre
- March 31, 2012 - London, The O2 (two shows)
- April 1, 2012 - London, The O2
- April 3-5, 2012 - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena