The BBC comedy starring Miranda Hart is said to be ending after its upcoming third series at Christmas, reports The Sun.
Insiders claim that a cliffhanger ending at Christmas will leave the show open to continue on the big screen.
A source said: "Miranda has been a really popular show and production companies have been floating ideas about making a film for a while.
"The third series sets a movie up perfectly, which is something she has always wanted to do.
"She would keep all the stars of the sitcom on board, and get some of her famous friends in for cameo roles too."
The insider added: "The idea of casting a film has really got her excited - there's a long list of men she quite fancies finding love with.
"And there is a lot of money in it. The DVDs of the TV series have done brilliantly, so it's a good bet for backers."
Hart has also revealed that she plans to embark on a stand-up tour in 2014.
She told BBC Radio 5 Live's Richard Bacon: "I might be doing a stand-up tour. I've never done a full stand-up show before. It'll probably be spring 2014."
The comedian released her autobiography Is It Just Me? last week (October 11).
Miranda will return for a six-episode third series in late 2012 on BBC One.