Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
28

Reality TV News

Freddie Starr exits 'I'm a Celebrity' after health scare

By
Freddie Starr in I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here 2011

© ITV

Freddie Starr has withdrawn from I'm a Celebrity following his jungle health scare.

The 68-year-old comedian was taken to a hospital on the Gold Coast yesterday after a suspected allergic reaction to something he had eaten in the jungle.

As part of a Bushtucker Trial eating challenge with TOWIE's Mark Wright, Starr ate dishes including turkey testes, pig's anus and a fermented egg.

In a statement, ITV said: "Producers of I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! have decided that Freddie Starr won't return to live in the jungle.

"Freddie has been a terrific contestant. His Bushtucker Trial is one of the stand-out moments in the history of the show and we wish him all the very best."

Earlier this year, Starr successfully underwent a quadruple heart bypass. Despite his health problems, the comic said before he entered the jungle that he felt confident he would be able to last the course.

Sinitta and Fun House star Pat Sharp were revealed as new jungle camp additions at the end of Monday night's (November 14) show.

I'm a Celebrity returns on Wednesday (November 15) at 8.30pm on ITV1.

> 'I'm a Celeb' Mark Wright, Freddie Starr eat turkey testes, pig anus

You May Like

Comments

Loading...