The first X Factor auditions show will air this weekend and Barlow has promised that the judges have found a diverse selection of acts, from which viewers will struggle to pick a favourite.
When asked if he is concerned about the success of BBC One talent show The Voice, Barlow said: "No... and I think if there was any pressure it's been dealt with as the talent we have seen this year has been unbelievable.
"I'm so pleased as that was my one complaint of last year - I thought we were missing four or five better singers in our final 12.
"But this year is going to be amazing and the first live show is going to be unbelievable. We have all different types of singers as well so it's going to be hard for viewers to choose who to vote for."
The Take That star also promised that he is going to enjoy himself more with the new series, confessing that he took himself too seriously in 2011.
"I should have enjoyed it more. It's one of my goals this time to sit up there and remember to be a member of the audience because it's a brilliant show to watch and I have the best seat in the house! I have seat 1A to watch this amazing show from, so I want to savour that this year," he said.
Barlow downplayed rumours of tension between the judging panel on the show, but did reveal that he may try to get audiences at the live shows to "boo Louis Walsh".
The X Factor returns on Saturday, August 18 on ITV1.
Photo Gallery - X Factor 2012 hosts and judges: