Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
1

Reality TV News

'X Factor', 'Strictly' call scheduling truce?

By
Simon Cowell judges The X Factor USA

© Fox / Ian Derry

Executives at The X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing have reportedly agreed that their shows will not be scheduled against one another.

The Sunday Express reports that the primetime reality show rivals have reached an unwritten agreement that means the two shows will not clash when they both begin new series later this year.

An industry insider told the newspaper: "It's neither in the interests of the viewer or the broadcaster to go head-to-head.

"Strictly Come Dancing will go out slightly earlier, The X Factor will go later."

Simon Cowell previously said that he thought the BBC was being "childish and pathetic" and "playing games with ratings" by scheduling Strictly to clash with the ITV1 singing competition.

ITV's director of television Peter Fincham also told last year's Edinburgh International Television Festival delegates that the channel was keen to develop a scheduling plan with the BBC.

It was reported last week that veteran entertainer Bruce Forsyth will return to host Strictly Come Dancing alongside Tess Daly this autumn.

The X Factor's judging panel is in the middle of an overhaul ahead of the start of auditions next month. It has been rumoured that Dannii Minogue, who announced last weekend that she was leaving the show, could be replaced by Tulisa Contostavlos of N-Dubz.

Kelly Rowland has also been linked with the panel once again in recent weeks. In early 2010, the former Destiny's Child singer hinted that she would be interested in becoming a judge on the show if approached.

Take That's Gary Barlow has already been confirmed as a new judge by Cowell.

You May Like

Comments

Loading...