The 68-year-old has been pressured to answer rumours that she will join the judging panel once again after her successor Alesha Dixon quit for Britain's Got Talent this week.
Phillips allegedly despaired that the announcement of Dixon's departure had come at a time when the furore over her 2009 Strictly exit had begun to die down.
"Having been asked about it every day for years, this Christmas and New Year I thought - heaven, it's ending a bit. Maybe there is another life for me," she said, according to The Sun. "Then this happened, and as soon as it did my phone hasn't stopped ringing.
"And I am very grateful but I can't even say thank you without it causing an avalanche. I've not been able to breathe. It's sad I have had to be quiet on Twitter because I love engaging with people through Twitter."
She however later took to the social networking site to deny the comments, tweeting: "Please dear followers do not believe what you read in the papers I continue to remain as ever with no comment on the s word (sic)."
Phillips admitted to being "overwhelmed" by recent Strictly rumours when thanking followers for their support on Tuesday (January 3).
She told Digital Spy last year that she doesn't "want" or "need" to return to Strictly.
Professional dancer Karen Hardy is the early favourite to replace Dixon.
> 'Strictly Come Dancing' poll: Who should replace Alesha Dixon?