The Daybreak presenter, who was confirmed as one of the 14 celebrities taking part in the BBC One dance show last week, joked that he needed a pro dancer with a "sense of humour" and a "firm hand".
"The BBC said who would be your preferred partner and I did say Anton [du Beke] - someone with a good sense of humour and a firm hand - but apparently the programme hasn't moved that far forward yet," he said.
Speaking on Richard Bacon's 5 Live show yesterday, Arnold also teased that the male celebrities taking part this year were particularly well-endowed.
Arnold said that some of the team in the costume department had told him there were some "big boys" in the lineup this year.
Strictly launches on Saturday night (September 15) at 6.30pm on BBC One.
Strictly launch - photo gallery: