The presenter will miss the show on November 10 so he can rest before hosting the following weekend's live Children in Need episode from Wembley Arena, according to the Daily Mail.
The 84-year-old apparently wants to recuperate from the strain of hosting Strictly Come Dancing on Saturday nights. The Sunday night results show is pre-recorded shortly after the main show finishes.
Tess Daly will serve as the main host, while former It Takes Two presenter Claudia Winkleman will take on Daly's role backstage with the contestants.
Forsyth is said to have negotiated the week-long break with producers before the tenth series began filming in September.
A Strictly Come Dancing spokesman said: "Even national treasures are allowed to take a week off. Sir Bruce is taking a short break so he can be on top form and fighting fit for the Children in Need show at Wembley the following week."
The Children in Need Strictly Come Dancing special, rumoured to feature performances from Kylie Minogue and Girls Aloud, airs on November 17.
Photo gallery - Bruce Forsyth's career so far: