Luckily, though, you won't have to wonder for much longer as all will be revealed in the red carpet launch on Saturday night! Reality Bites was lucky enough to see the event being filmed and can confirm that there's more sparkle and sequins than you can shake a stick at. But what else can you look forward to in the show?
1. Well, duh - you get to find out the celebrity partnerships! This is naturally the whole point of the launch show and it does not disappoint. Some of the professionals and celebrities are clearly thrilled (there's a fair bit of literal jumping for joy). But which pro-celeb coupling seemed less than impressed that they ended up together? Our lips are remaining sealed - just about! Let's just say that a fireman's lift was involved when they eventually left the dancefloor... But will your pre-show favourites get the right pros? Will your favourite pros end up with, um, less dancefloor-friendly contestants? Isn't it exciting?
2. There are three professional dances! Yes, we get to see the way it should be done and the pros are just as wonderful as you'd expect. There's everything from feathers to top hats and it will make you realise just how much you'd missed Strictly. But if what you really like is a group of 14 novices desperately trying not to fall over, you're in luck - the celebrities get involved in their first dance together (with the pros joining in to try to cover up the worst moments). This is your first chance to see who glides like a swan and who stomps like an elephant. Will anyone surprise you?
3. Dolly Parton is providing the musical entertainment. Enough said.
4. There's a new boy! Yes, joining the show this year is professional dancer Pasha Kovalev! It's always exciting to meet a fresh pro, and it looks like Pasha could be really good fun. For one thing, he's introduced in one of the aforementioned professional dances and it's a little bit of a sexy routine. Plus, when some of us reporters chatted to Pasha after the show and he was asked what we should expect from him, he replied: "Besides open shirts?" Cheeky! It remains to be seen whether the Strictly audience will take Pasha to their hearts, but this will be your first chance to see him in action.
5. Some things never change. Dave Arch and his wonderful orchestra are back, for instance (yay!) But another standard - but still exciting - part of Strictly is spotting the celebrity guests in the audience. This year is no exception thanks to our starry list of contestants. For example, there were squeals behind us when two members of some boyband called McFly took their seats. And Anita Dobson's husband showed up to cheer her on too. Apparently he's a guitarist in a group called Queen? Brian May or something. (We're not too good at pretending to be nonchalant, are we? That's a pretty star-studded audience right there). If that's not enough, you might just spot former contestant Joe Calzaghe and So You Think You Can Dance winner Matt Flint...
The Strictly Come Dancing red carpet launch show airs on Saturday at 6.10pm on BBC One.
Are you excited about this year's series of Strictly Come Dancing? Let us know below!
> Strictly Come Dancing 2011: The lineup in pictures
> Strictly Come Dancing poll: Who is your favourite celebrity in the lineup?
> Read more Strictly Come Dancing coverage