Digital Spy just had a sneaky advance look at Sunday's episode, and we've gathered together ten teasery hints about what you can expect to see. Read on to see what they are:
1. Letters are again a big part of the episode. Bates and Anna aren't getting any, while one that Lady Edith writes could cause a bit of controversy.
2. There is an emotional goodbye.
3. Lady Sybil makes a mysterious phone call (though we find out what it's all about later in the episode.)
4. Mrs Hughes has bought herself a fancy new present - but Carson isn't happy about it!
5. There could be problems ahead for one of the show's couples - someone's been keeping a secret.
6. A new footman is getting the ladies excited...
7. ... But Daisy might be mulling over the saying "be careful what you wish for" when the new kitchen maid arrives!
8. Who does Lady Mary think looks like "a puppy that's been rescued from a puddle"?
9. Matthew checks out the Downton accounts... and turns to an unlikely person for advice.
10. "We all live in a harsh world. But at least I know I do."
Downton Abbey airs on Sunday (October 7) at 9pm on ITV1.