The series, which stars Cudlitz alongside former O.C. actor Ben McKenzie, has been hit with several problems recently. Earlier this year, ex-Prison Break star Amaury Nolasco abruptly departed the project after filming just three episodes.
Despite Nolasco's decision to leave, NBC announced that the new season of the cop drama was due to drop on September 25. However, it was then delayed until October 23. Last week, NBC confirmed Southland's axing.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Cudlitz said of the cancellation: "I'm p*ssed off. We had all the pre-season stuff, all the dinners and parties. They told us they loved and believed in the show. They said the [delay] would be good for us.
"On paper it all made sense so I was willing to believe I was being told the truth… I don't just walk in one day and go, 'Eh, I'm not going to act today. I know I told you I was going to act, but I'm not going to do my thing'."
He added: "But I guess because they own the ball and the ballpark they get to do that. It's kind of cheap."
The 44-year-old also said that he is hoping the show will be picked up by another network and urged fans to express their annoyance at NBC.