The competition - executive produced by Nigel Lythgoe and his son Simon - aims to discover the next big country music star.
Ten hopefuls will compete across ten episodes of the show in front of celebrity guests. They will also tackle music business relevant challenges and give performances, with one singer being eliminated each week, before America chooses its winner.
The contestants will live together at a house in Nashville while competing, with a press release promising that viewers can expect an "inside look at all the ensuing drama that can take place when musical adversaries live and compete together".
The finalists are:
- Bri Bagwell, 23 - Las Cruces, NM
- Adrienne Beasley, 22 - Wickliffe, KY
- Courtney Cole, 24 - Mandeville, LA
- Danielle Lauderdale, 23 - Orange Park, FL
- Andrea Pearson, 29 - Kelowna, British Columbia
- Steven Clawson, 29 - Thomasville, GA
- Matt Dame, 37 - Batesville, AR
- Matt Mason, 25 - Fairland, IN
- Ben Smith, 29 - Gainesville, TX
- Wynn Varble, 50 - Hampshire, TN
CMT's Next Superstar, hosted by Thea Andrews, premieres Friday, April 8 at 9pm ET/PT on CMT.