Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
0

US TV News

Christopher Meloni: 'I'm open to Law & Order SVU return'

By
Det. Elliot Stabler and Det. Olivia Benson from Law & Order Special Victims Unit

© NBC Universal

Christopher Meloni has revealed that he would consider a return to Law & Order: SVU.

The actor played Elliot Stabler on the NBC crime drama between 1999 and 2011, but chose to leave the show after its 12th season finale.

"No-one has approached me... but I'm open to all possibilities," he told TVLine. "I love those people, I love the actors, it was a magnificent ride. I'll cross that bridge when it comes."

Meloni also admitted that he was aware some fans had been disappointed by the abrupt nature of his departure, with Stabler being written out off-screen between seasons.

"The fans really got the rug pulled out from under them," he confessed. "I am absolutely very empathetic about that. I get it."

The 51-year-old star previously discussed a potential SVU return at this year's Comic-Con, during a panel for HBO's True Blood.

"I had 12 great years of the show and I loved the people, I loved the show," he said on Saturday (July 14). "There's no bad blood there."

Law & Order: SVU has been picked up for a 14th season and will return to NBC with a two-hour premiere on September 26.

> Criminal Minds star Paget Brewster for Law & Order: SVU premiere

Watch a promo for Christopher Meloni's final Law & Order: SVU episode below:

Enjoy the latest TV Box Sets with Sky Watch now

You May Like

Comments

Loading...