Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
1

US TV News

'Dr Horrible' sequel not coming soon, says Joss Whedon

By
Joss Whedon has ruled out a Dr Horrible sequel in the near future.

The Much Ado About Nothing filmmaker told Vulture that he is too busy with upcoming projects - including the planned Avengers sequel - to write a follow-up to his 2008 web-series.

'The Cabin In The Woods' writer Joss Whedon gives a keynote speech at the SXSW Film Festival and Conference in Austin, Texas on Saturday, March 10, 2012.

© PA Images / Jack Plunkett/AP

Joss Whedon at SXSW 2012



Asked if a sequel would emerge, Whedon said: "Not soon. [Much Ado] was already written. See, that's the thing. Directing is a joy, but it's the writing that really requires the energy."

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog starred Neil Patrick Harris as a kind-hearted super-villain and Nathan Fillion as his nemesis Captain Hammer.

Following its online release, the series was aired on television by The CW in October 2012.

Fillion previously told Digital Spy he was convinced that a sequel would eventually materialise, while The Big Bang Theory's Simon Helberg - who play sidekick Moist - also told DS that "everyone [involved] is excited" to start work on a follow-up.

> Joss Whedon on Dr Horrible sequel: 'We want to shoot it this year'

Watch a clip from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog below:

Enjoy the latest TV Box Sets with Sky Watch now

You May Like

Comments

Loading...