Earlier this month, speculation over the show's future erupted when Alec Baldwin claimed that 30 Rock will conclude in 2012. Creator Tina Fey played down her co-star's prediction, with Baldwin himself later insisting that he hopes the series continues.
In an interview with Access Hollywood, McBrayer weighed in on the issue and confirmed that several of the castmembers' contracts are up after the sixth season.
"We definitely have [at least] one more season coming up," the actor said. "I think, contractually, that's all some people are obligated to do. If NBC wants us back [or] if castmembers change their mind, I'm all for it… With that being said, I've been prepared for this thing to go away from the first day of the first season."
McBrayer also expressed doubt as to whether 30 Rock would be able to survive if Baldwin decides to depart.
"I don't know if 30 Rock could go on without Alec," he added. "There is precedence to the contrary with other shows… but who's to say?"
Yesterday, Tracy Morgan said that he doesn't believe Baldwin will leave 30 Rock when his current deal with NBC expires.
30 Rock returns with new episode 'Everything Sunny All the Time Always' on Thursday on NBC.
Watch Jack McBrayer discuss the future of 30 Rock below: