Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy
1

US TV News

'Desperate Housewives' exec: 'Susan Lucci has not been discussed'

By
Susan Lucci

© Rex Features

Desperate Housewives' executive producer Bob Daily has insisted that there are no plans to cast Susan Lucci in the show.

Rumours that Lucci would be joining the cast have been circulating since April.

The reports were later denied, but last month Lucci sparked further speculation when she appeared to suggest that she had been in talks with the show's team.

However, Daily has now admitted that he has "no idea" where the rumours came from.

"[It was] not from our end," he told The Hollywood Reporter. "I don't think we ever discussed it. I know they keep popping up in the press."

Daily joked that he has been "very impressed" with the response to the rumours, adding that Lucci "obviously has a very large fanbase".

"Those rumours will not go away," he said. "[But] we have not discussed it at all on our end."

Stars who have signed up to appear in the upcoming final season of Desperate Housewives include Miguel Ferrer, Andrea Parker and Charles Mesure.

The show will return on September 25 on ABC.

> Jesse Metcalfe wants 'Desperate Housewives' return
> Read more Desperate Housewives coverage

Watch a look back at Desperate Housewives below:

Enjoy the latest TV Box Sets with Sky Watch now

You May Like

Comments

Loading...