The 20-year-old from Arlington, TX was sent home on Wednesday night's episode of The CW show after a marble statue-inspired photoshoot in Milan. Tyra said that although she took great photographs and had an "effervescent personality", the panel were concerned that she wasn't as invested in the competition as she initially had been.
She also suggested that Chris, who entered the show with sister Terra, should book some acting lessons, while Andre joked that she could be the next Wanda Sykes. "I'm overwhelmed I even had the opportunity to be here," said Chris after the result was announced. "I'm going to try going any direction I can, it won't stop here."
This week's episode had opened with the models learning that they would be going on go-sees in Milan. They met with Tyra at the IMG offices and got a lesson on the proper way to display their portfolio before learning that they would be sent on four go-sees: a photographer, a photography agency, a casting director and Versace. The four appointments were spread across Milan and the models had four hours (until 6.30pm) to visit them and make it back to the IMG offices. They were only allowed to take public transportation.
Jane and Chris decided to team up and immediately headed for Versace, reaching it first after some help from the locals on directions. They each sat down with a company representative to go through their portfolios before trying on an outfit and doing a walk. The representative thought Jane was fresh but she needed to work on her walk, while the clothes didn't fit Chris properly and he compared her to a model from the 1980s. Meanwhile, Chelsey and Kayla decided to pair up and Ann followed them. They also arrived at Versace after struggling with directions but had to wait for Jane and Chris to finish. The representative liked Chelsey's fit but thought her look was "a bit two seasons ago". He thought Kayla had a great face but was better suited to editorial than a show. Finally, he loved Ann's height and body shape and said he would book her despite her walk needing work.
Chelsey, Kayla and Ann decided to separate after Versace to maximize their time but they all ended up getting lost at some point in Milan. Jane and Chris were having just as much trouble and decided to head back to IMG early although Chris hurt her foot en route and was in pain walking. Chelsey also made it back in time (with four minutes to spare) after having found the casting director, while Ann and Kayla were both late back having failed to locate any other appointments. IMG were unimpressed that the girls only made it to one or two go-sees and said Kayla and Ann were disqualified for being late. Chelsey was named the winner and received a jacket from Versace as her prize.
The girls met with Nigel and Mr Jay at a country house the next day for the photoshoot featuring Nigel as the photographer. The concept saw the girls turned into marble statues which then came alive because of the love of their sculptor, a male model.
Nigel and Jay were impressed by Chelsey (got into character quickly and was passionate), Kayla (worked well with the male model, nailed the poses and delivered passion) and Ann (could tell she had a knowledge of sculptors and liked the creative). They were less happy with Jane, suggesting that she needed to portray more passion and that the picture was becoming more about the male model than her. Jane later broke down in tears and told Jay she was frustrated her personality wasn't showing, to which he said perfection was boring and she shouldn't strive for it. Meanwhile, Chris's shoot started well but her foot pain took over as the shoot progressed. Nigel advised her to embrace the pain but later said he thought she seemed over it and had "signed out" on set.
Tyra, Nigel and Andre were joined by Kyle Hagler, one of the top managers at IMG, for the judging.
- Kayla: (No go-sees booked) Nigel thought she was one of the best posers in the photoshoot, while Kyle said she had a great connection to the male model which was necessary for models. Andre thought she looked stunning and had great body language because even though she wasn't looking at the model, she still seemed seduced by him.
- Chelsey: (Booked casting director go-see) Nigel loved the photo and said the shoot had been a surprise because she moved with the model and connected with him. Andre wished she had elongated her neck more. Tyra said it was one of her favourite photos in terms of the photography but saw a beautiful woman rather than a model.
- Chris: (No go-sees booked) Nigel called the picture beautiful and said she did a good job but repeated his feeling that she had "signed out". Kyle thought it looked a bit forced and she needed to give more. Andre thought the lower part of her body was more statuesque than the top, while Tyra thought it was better than the judges were suggesting but the facial close-up was sleepy.
- Ann: (Booked Versace go-see but disqualified for being late) Nigel said she is a good model but still struggled with emotion because she was so quiet. Kyle agreed, saying it was a beautiful picture but lacking emotion which was important for all models. Andre said she didn't give Nigel what he wanted she did bring high fashion, while Tyra called the shot beautiful but also stressed the importance of personality.
- Jane: (No go-sees booked) Andre thought the lower half of her body was like a classical statue but the upper half was weak, as if the male model had put her to sleep. Nigel said she gave beautiful pictures but was stiff. However, he pointed out that she showed she has emotion when she cried, which prompted Jane to become teary again. Kyle told her they knew she had a personality, she just had to work on showing it.
Kayla was named the best photo. The call out order was then Chelsey and Ann meaning that Jane and Chris were in the bottom two. Tyra said Chris started off with an effervescent personality and taking great photos but the panel felt she was less invested, while Jane took stronger photos but had an issue with personality that was affecting her film. Chris was eliminated.
America's Next Top Model continues next Wednesday at 8/7c on The CW