The eleventh instalment of the competition will see eleven new teams of two making a choice in the season premiere that could affect their time on the show.
They will have to choose whether to work out with trainers Bob and Jillian at the ranch or take a chance on two unidentified trainers at a mystery location. The players that opt for the unknown trainers - whose identities will be revealed at a later date - will scoop four weeks of immunity for taking the chance.
Among the contestants this season are an opera singer, an Olympic medalist and identical twin police officers. The heaviest contestant will weigh in at 507lbs when the show begins in January 2011.
The full cast is:
- Friends Rulon Gardner, 39, Logan, UT (gym owner/motivational speaker) and Justin Pope, 39 (business owner/city worker/bounty hunter)
- Twin brothers Dan Evans, 54, Oklahoma City, OK (Police captain) and Don Evans, 54 (Police lieutenant)
- Sisters Olivia Ward, 35, New York City (opera singer/manager of plastic surgery office) and Hannah Curlee, 32, Nasvhille, TN (HR representative at healthcare company)
- Married couple Larialmy Allen, 26, Columbia, SC (student services programme coordinator) and Jaquin Allen, 27 (patient services representative)
- Mother and daughter Ann Alvarado, 50, Portland, OR (letter carrier for US Postal Service) and Irene Alvarado, 26 (student)
- Father and son Ken Andrews, 49, Pasadena, CA (pastor) and Austin Andrews, 21, (radio board operator)
- Mother and daughter Marci Crozier, 49, Valparaiso, IN (GM of health club/restaurant owner) and Courtney Crozier, 22 (student/restaurant manager)
- Father and daughter Jay Jacobs, 53, West Orange, NJ (entrepreneur) and Jennifer Jacobs, 28, Long Branch, NJ (entrepreneur)
- Mother and daughter Denise 'Deni' Hill, 59, Bountiful, UT (admin assistant) and Sarah Nitta, 27, Las Vegas, NV (college admissions counselor)
- Father and son Jesse Wornum, 61, Portland, OR (insurance agent) and Arthur Wornum, 34 (stay-at-home dad/day care provider)
- Father and daughter Moses Kinikini, 47, Shelley, ID (garage door installer) and Kaylee Kinikini, 20 (student)
Biggest Loser: Couples premieres Tuesday, January 4 from 8pm ET on NBC. The current season of The Biggest Loser concludes tonight at 9pm ET on NBC.