Here's your final warning - if you haven't seen the episode yet or are avoiding spoilers, then you will not want to read on. Because not only did we get Blair's much-hyped wedding to Louis, but there was a little sting in the tail that'll keep us chatting for a long while yet...
It is indeed the day of the wedding, and Blair's super nervous. So she should be - Gossip Girl's warning that she's back, baby. But hey, at least Chuck's behaving himself - he's given the evil Father Cavalia food poisoning to make sure he doesn't disrupt the day. He wants Blair to be happy, even if that means she marries Louis (aww, etc.).
Not everyone's in such a kind mood. Georgina's back! Hurrah! And she's fuming that Blair - who's caused her so many problems - is about to have her special day. So furious, in fact, that she's going to "rain all over her parade".
At the church, Blair advises Serena to tell Dan about her feelings for him, but when Eleanor and Dorota come to see her she comes over all faint. Seeing how nervous she is doesn't help Eleanor, who makes the bizarre decision to go and find Chuck. He needs to stop the wedding! This is Blair's mother. My goodness.
Chuck's been determinedly staying away, but when Eleanor comes over, what can he do? He heads to the church, just as Georgina comes up with a frankly bizarre plan to seduce Louis and have her partner film it. Unfortunately, this doesn't work, as Rufus and Lily spot her and stop her. Spoilsports.
Still, all is not lost. Chuck arrives and begs Blair not to marry Louis. She admits that she has always loved him, and loves him more and more each day. But she can't - she has to be with Louis, even though not being with Chuck is so hard. When she's gone, Georgina emerges with a fantastic slow clap and reveals that she's filmed the whole chat. Does Chuck want her camcorder, perchance? She gives it to him just in case...
Even Serena's having doubts about the wedding now, but Blair's determined to go through with it. Still, Serena can't help but meddle and goes to tell Chuck the truth about why Blair won't be with him. So when Blair walks up the aisle and the ceremony begins, it's not a surprise to see Chuck appear just at the whole "forever hold his peace" moment.
What is a surprise is that Chuck begins to walk off... but everyone's phones start buzzing and they rudely look at them. It's only a video of Blair declaring her love for Chuck! What can Blair do but run down the aisle (as Georgina smirks, brilliantly)?
Afterwards, Chuck insists that he wasn't responsible, but says he knows about Blair's pact with God. Still, when Louis turns up, Blair promises never to humiliate him again, adding that what he didn't hear was how she chose him over Chuck. Louis is doing that stony silence thing, but his evil mother - who's been dripping poison in his ear constantly - asks to see him...
In the chapel, Georgina refuses to take responsibility, claiming she didn't upload the video. Plus, Chuck's far too obvious... so who did do the deed? Anyway, the wedding's off and she's out of there. Not too fast, Georgina - Louis and Blair are back at the altar and ready to take their vows!
At the reception, Serena finally tells Dan - who knows that she unnecessarily extended their fake romance - how she feels. But she rushes off before he can reply, though clearly, clearly he doesn't feel the same way. Stop it, Serena.
More importantly, it's time for Louis and Blair's final dance before their honeymoon, and though Blair is all smiles, Louis can't keep the pretence up any longer. He admits that he married her only for show - they will be in love to the world, but privately will be strangers. And when he decides, it'll all be over. Blair's horrified - what about the vows he wrote? But Louis finally admits that Dan penned them... and now they mean nothing.
This scene was one of my highlights from the episode - genuinely chilling, and a shock to find Blair in a totally loveless marriage, despite all her best efforts. Blair realises what she's done, smiles for the photographers, and then calls someone, saying she's made a "horrible mistake".
But who's she called? Not Chuck, who turns up to find her as she runs out of the hotel. It's only Dan, who's driving a car! What's going on here? Friendship? Romance? And how will Serena feel about it all?
That would be enough of a shocker to end the episode on, but this is the 100th instalment... so it's time for a little bonus treat. We see Gossip Girl uploading her next blog, and the camera pans back... to reveal Georgina? O. M. G. Now that's how you do a special episode.
As I said, this instalment is clearly going to infuriate the Chuck-Blair fans, which is a shame - the writers put together a stupidly entertaining episode. It's not like the duo won't end up together eventually - clearly Blair and Louis's marriage isn't going to last - so why can't they enjoy the journey? We're not even at the end of the season yet. Personally, I'm a Dan-Blair fan, but whoever Blair ends up with, let's just enjoy the ride. XOXO...
- So, this Gossip Girl twist - does it work? My knowledge of the show isn't quite encyclopaedic enough to immediately work out the plot holes, but let us know below if you have any problems with Georgina being the eponymous blogger. (Like, could she really do it when she was in Belarus, or when she was pregnant and having Milo?)
- I had a great time with Serena's dream sequence - it pulled up loads of memories from past seasons where we've had dream sequences. Plus Blair as Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's will always be fabulous.
- Actually, the whole episode was a treat for fans reference-wise - though I do miss Blair's headbands.
- The show perhaps shouldn't have reminded us of Nate's relationship with Blair, though - his character has never been better than when we had the to-do about his affair with Serena. Introducing yet another woman - Lola - for him to fall for just seems a bit tired now. Won't someone give Nate something real to do?
- The congregation all watched the Gossip Girl video of Blair confessing her love to Louis. Surely there's some kind of wedding etiquette about turning off phones?
- It was wonderful to see Blair's father again - what a star - and one of the sweetest moments of the episode came when Blair asked both him and Cyrus to walk her down the aisle. Lovely.
- "Is this happening?" "It better be, or all those commemorative plates are for nothing." Can I please have a Blair-Louis commemorative plate?
- "Bless us, father. I have a feeling we're about to sin." I LOVE GEORGINA.
- It was lovely to have that little Blair-Serena moment when Blair told Serena to tell Dan about her feelings. We don't see the pair together enough.
- "Sparkling or still?" "Scotch."
- "I do live in Brooklyn. It's practically the Falklands."
- "If I ever cried, I'd be moved to tears."
- I am not impressed that Blair's minions were bridesmaids. I mean, really. Do they deserve that? The ceremony was kind of beautiful though (especially Blair).
- I'm disappointed we didn't get to hear the vows Dan wrote for Louis. I'd like to have known just how stunning they were (we know they have to be pretty damn good).